Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

A couple Firsts

Carmine's first solid food! A few months ago I decided I was going to make my own baby food. So I started a little while ago and we have quite a freezer stash. It is actually really easy and not time comsuming at all and so much cheaper and tastier and healthier! We gave him avacado on Sunday. He did so great. He opened his mouth at first sight of the spoon. He made some funny faces though. But he kept opening up. I don't think he ate too much because he kept spitting it back out, but he has done a little better since then. He kept grabbing the spoon and he would actually get it in his mouth. And he also enjoyed playing with a cup. He can't quite figure out how to get the water out but he was close. And yesterday he got bananas. Right now he only gets a little at lunch time. I am taking it nice and slow, I am in no hurry to have him on 3 meals a day or start him weaning from breastfeeding. Once he starts getting more in him then I will probably add a breakfast.


His first non-baby tub bath! I decided to switch his bath tub to the big boy bath tub since he is sitting up pretty well. Plus we had such a hard time getting Rece to lay in the bath tub that I said from the beginning that Carmine was going to lay. He loved it but of course he loves any type of bath.

No comments: