Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 2, 2007

SWIMMING!!

This is a little late, as it happened last week, but oh well.

First we blew up the baby pool and Rece loved it! Carmine did not have the same love for the pool. We also had the elmo sprinkler on which Rece also liked. This is Rece the first swim.

But then we also went to a local pool to take them swimming. Rece did great! It was shallow enough that he could walk around a little. He didn't really like letting us go but did a couple of times. He even let daddy float him a couple times. He never really relaxed, but we are working on that, and there may be an underlying reason that I will go into later.
Carmine liked the big pool much better, it wasn't quite as cold. He actually kind of enjoyed floating. I didn't dunk anyone today, cause it was way to cold and I didn't even want to go under! I am not that mean!!


And lets not forget about yummy pool pizza!
Oh I am so missing my moms pool this year! I can't possibly go to a public pool by myself so we are stuck waiting until a free day on the weekend which very rarely happens.

And lets not forget the swinging! This was Carmine's first time in a swing and he loved it. Much more than Rece did at that age.

On a totally different note, my little boy is 2 1/2 today! I can't believe how big he is getting. Everyday he makes me laugh and everyday he surprises me. He is a lot of fun right now and he thinks he is the funniest person on the planet. He has got the biggest personality and I can't even convey it to the people who read this blog that don't actually know him. Even the people that don't get to see him often have only seen the surface of that personality. Those of you that will be at Uncle Keith's wedding will get to see it in full bloom. He absolutely LOVES dancing and being the center of attention. So between walking down the aisle as the ring bearer and dancing the night away at the reception he is going to be the life of the party. Aunt Hope already knows this and is ok with it ;) I doubt that he will ever know or understand how much I love him and what it means to me that I get to spend every single day with him. And I get to be the one who shows him all the new adventures and amusements of every day life.

No comments: