Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 5, 2007

I have no Title

Yesterday, Rece had quite a jealous streak. Everytime I held Carmine, Rece got into everything that he knows he is not supposed to. Hence this picture!



On Tuesday we went to the nearby outlet malls and I finished up Rece's summer clothes shopping. Carmine got a few things but he really doesn't need the clothes. After we shopped, Rece played on the playground for a little bit, but he really preferred to people watch as always.



I took this picture a few days ago and I was going to write about how Carmine is so content on his belly that he is never going to learn to lift his head. But, then just today he surprised me and started lifting his head. He even lifted it about 90 degrees! Carmine has also slept through the night a couple nights in a row. I think that him not being swaddled has helped that. I was planning on swaddling through three months, but for probably 4 nights in a row he got totally out of the swaddle and that just leaves a loose blanket in the cradle and I can't have that! So, we have been weaning him gradually from the swaddle, only swaddling one arm. He seems to like that for now. But every night now he finds his thumb. He is still not really coordinated so him finding his thumb is quite a sight! I need to get it on video before he stops doing it. But, he basically rubs his hand all over his face vigorously over and over until the thumb finds its way into the mouth! It is cute, but he has scratched himself a couple of times in the process. And while doing this he has almost rolled over a couple of times. It won't be long now. YIKES! And Carmine has decided that he prefers two long naps. It is crazy but he will nap for like 3 or 4 hours! Especially in the afternoon. However he is not so good at the napping on the go. He is up and down and up and down the whole time we are out. I really don't mind too much because he is always in a good mood when he wakes up and then fusses a little later and then falls back to sleep. And he is only nursing 4 to 5 times a day, depending on if he wakes in the middle of the night. Rece didn't drop to 4 nursings until like 8 months! Crazy how different they are already. It makes me nervous that Carmine will be ready to wean long before I am. We shall see!

No comments: